1. Global Excellence Scholarships aim to attract outstanding candidates to UCD programmes and to
encourage early application.
2. Scholarship applications will be considered on academic merit paired with holistic review of their
3. The Global Excellence Scholarship is payable only toward the tuition fees of the successful
4. An annual competition will be run to select a limited number of students per region. Successful
applicants will be awarded either a 100% or a 50% tuition fee scholarship.
5. The scholarship is only available to students entering a new programme at UCD. Students already
completing a programme will not be considered for the Global Excellence Scholarship for that
6. Applicants must meet the citizenship and residence requirements given in the Regional
Information section of this document.
7. Scholarships are only open to self-funding candidates who are classified as non-EU for tuition fee
8. Eligible programmes are limited to undergraduate and graduate taught programmes, where the
student must be based in Dublin and no part of the programme is awarded by another institution.
The following programmes are excluded from the Global Excellence Scholarship scheme:
• Online programmes
• Part-time programmes
• Clinical programmes
• Off-shore campus programmes
For a full list of eligible programmes, please see Eligible Programmes.
9. Students progressing from the UCD International Foundation Year (IFY) to a UCD programme are
ineligible for the Global Excellence Scholarship.
10. Applicants to the Global Excellence Scholarship will have already obtained one of the following
statuses on an application for an eligible programme:
• Conditional Offer
• Conditional Accept
11. Applications for the Global Excellence Scholarship should be submitted in accordance with the
instructions given in the Global Excellence Scholarship Application document.
12. The Global Excellence Scholarship cannot be combined with any other tuitionscholarship.
Due Date and Timeframes
13. Without exception, only complete applications received on or before the deadline will be
considered. The deadline is given in the relevant Regional Information.
14. Successful and reserve candidates for the Global Excellence Scholarship will be selected by the
15. Candidates will be notified within two weeks of the Committee’s decision, or within 5-6 weeks of
the application deadline (see Regional Information)